Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Celebrating our breastfeeding achievements!

Celebrating our breastfeeding achievements! Lock Rss

I am so glad I stumbled onto this thread! I tried so hard to breastfeed my firstborn, and with much angst gave up at 11 weeks. We tried every position, and device to make it work, but his palate was high and deep and he just couldn't suck properly.
So it was with so much joy that my second son took to it like it was a natural part of life!
We successfully breastfed until he was 13 months old, and although it was inconvenient at times, (like when I needed my gall bladder removed and had to take him to hospital with me), I loved the time we shared feeding.
I planned to wean at 12 months but somehow it just didn't feel like the right time, so I didn't force the issue. Imagine my shock when he did it himself. Cold Turkey. From up to 5 feeds a day (he loved the stuff) to nothing. Zip. He actually screamed when I tried to offer it to him, like I was insulting him somehow. It was like he'd never fed before.
My point is that I was really upset about the rejection, until I read your opening posting, and I realised I should be grateful and proud of the 13 months of successful breastfeeding we did have. It was a time I shall now remember to cherish, and not just remember the hurt of not having that final feed that I imagined we would have.
Thankyou, I love both my boys more than anything and had come to terms with not feeding the first for long, and now I can focus on the positive experiences I have had with both boys.
Hi all,

My daughter is 14 months old, and I am still breastfeeding. I was going to cut down to 1 feed @ 12 months, but she got gastro virus, then again after she was better, but was having a bad time teething and needing a comfort drink, especially as she went off eating....

I am sick of my husband's family who from when my daughter was a month old, kept asking me when I was going to wean her....

They told me that no mother would bond better with their baby as I have with mine, thinking that this will encourage me to "give up".

They all smoke - and did through their pregnancies, and also smoke with their toddlers on their lap, letting them breath in "second hand pullution".

One of his relos even asked when I was "giving up" (it must be an addiction to them) and I answered her "when she is 6" just to shut her up. This was when my daughter was 6 months...

Even hubbys 11 year old niece told me to give up when my daughter was 3months...

I will let my daughter drop her feeds as she is ready, and that decision is between me and my daughter.

kerrie, nsw, jordan'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Just want to celebrate what I think is a huge achievement with my daughter, Siobhan. She's nearly 9 months old and we're still exclusively breastfeeding. I've had a lot of comments from my formula feeding mum friends that I should be giving her formula and that she should have been on solids since she was 4 months old - we have just recently started giving her banana and pumkin - she hasn't been interested in solids til now and she's been gaining weight fine.
My partner's family just think I'm strange for not giving her biscuits and lollies and other food that is full of junk, but I've stuck to my guns and I feel like I have done a really good job so far with her regardless of what a lot of people think.
I have no plan to give up feeding my daughter myself anytime soon smile

[url=http://tickers.families.com][img]http://tac.f

Sign in to follow this topic