Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

abit of constipation Lock Rss

Ashlee is abit constipated at the moment... can anyone suggest something thats gonna work for her.. i hear i think brown sugar in warm water.. will that help... and how long will it take ??

She has gone once, but its really really hard and only went a little bit.

I love my babies .....

raw sugar in a bottle of water worked for my little man. put about half teaspoon in a bottle with boiling water to dissolve. top it up with water to the desired temp. i gave daniel 1 -2 bottles of this per day, and on the second day there was improvement, and third day was back to normal. its not nice when they have to strain to go. i've also heard of using prune juice and pear juice, but have never tried it.

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

Hi Ashlee's Mummy,

Errol went 8 days without a BM.

I took him to the Doctor for a check up, as even though he is BF, i thought 8 days was starting to get a little long.

The Doc suggested microlax, because if he strained it could tear his little bottom.

The microlax (enema) was very easy to use and worked in 1 minute, so put their nappy straight back on.

I hope this helps. I just thought if you wanted something immediate rather than waiting for the sugar and water to work, this was a good option.

The other mummies have some good suggestions. Other alternatives I can think of is if you are breast feeding, eat some-thing like liquorice (if you like it that is) or prunes. I seem to find that DD reacted quickly to me eating some-thing like that. Another option is to do some tummy massage, apply pressure or move their legs like riding a bike (if that makes sense). Best of luck, its quite stressful for you and bubs when they get constipated.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

i added a touch of prune juice ti DD water

works wonders down there,within the next day i was getting poos left right and center

xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic