Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. I can't bring myself to wean!

I can't bring myself to wean! Lock Rss

I just had a cry, and then a laugh. Because I decided yesterday after my neck was in excruciating pain due to lots of things including breast feeding, that I was going to wean my 10 month old dd, but I tried to start today and I just can’t do it!!!
It’s a really strange emotion, feeling like post natal almost, I can’t really explain it.
It looks like I’ll have to lie down to feed now; she will have to be in bed with me!
Has anyone else had this?

dd b. 31/07/05

Hi,

I haven't experienced this, but can imagine I will when it's time to stop breastfeeding - I'm hoping to carry on til Nina self-weans, I guess we'll see!

I have experienced bad neck and shoulder pain, and find that feeding Nina propped up on a tri-pillow on my lap is comfortable, and there's no strain on me. Might be more convenient than lying down perhaps? Good luck! smile

This new forum is strange ...

Hi MumOfLittleMinsk

Can I just ask you - is the only reason you are trying to wean because of your neck (dont have to answer if you dont want) but if you are not happy weaning - dont do it!!

I have just weaned my bubba down off one of her feeds so she is now on 3 feeds a day. I havent replaced it with a bottle at all (just a snack) but i still feel like a wandering duck when she is due for that feed.

I am so used to her being so dependent on me that its weird when she doesnt "need" that feed anymore. She is coping fine though. I do want to wean her by 12 months (onto cows milk) but i think i will be very sad when i have to come to do it.

I think it is totally normal with how you're feeling. its a very close bond and connection that you create when you feed but if you are happy to and you want to wean. You can still have that special time when you are bottle feeding her.

I feed in bed all the time (i know im lazy) but she loves it and often falls back asleep afterwards. Her feed first thing in the morning is in our bed and sometimes if she is distracted while i am trying to feed her at night i go and feed her in our bed. its quite easy once you get the hang of it... good luck keep us up to date

Jacquie, Mummy to Bailey, Tijana & Kaitlyn

Hi mumoflittleminsk I know how you feel my daughter is 11 months old and she is getting heavy now when I feed her and she is growing to fast and I love breastfeeding but I think she needs to came of the breast now but I have no idea how to do it either but I have been giving her the bottle and its sort of working but she willnt have it go to sleep casue she still wants the breast.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic