Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. 11 month olds how manny bottles

11 month olds how manny bottles Lock Rss

Hay there my name is Alison i was just wondering how manny bottles a day 11 mth olds are on. My Girl Ella is 1 week shy of 11mths and every day is different with her some days she will drink all three of her bottles and others she will drink a total of two full bottles. And just a few weeks ago she was also drinking two - three poppas a day now she harldy has one she drinks it and then after a while she sucks up the juce adn then spits it. i know i have to get her drinkign other flewids before she drops another feed but she just dosen want them any help

Alison 27yr NSW - Ella 4yr, Kylan 18mths, one in t

Hi Alison,
My DS is only 9 months old so not sure if this will be of any help but he currently has 2 x 220ml milk bottles (morning and night) and then has about 200-300mls water throughout the day.

Anna, Brisbane, Mum to Ed born 16/08/05 and Beth b

babies change so quickly is all the practical advice i can give you.
When my little boy was 11months old he did the same thing and started refusing the bottle one day but the next day would drink it. I joined one of the feeds together and started giving him 2 bottles morning and night (which im telling you is so easy because your home for both of those feeds) with in 2 more weeks he dropped another feed and didnt want the morning bottle and was quiet happy to go and eat breakfast. 1more week went by (probably not even that) and he dropped his night time feed all together! he weened him self off of the bottle and didnt want it any more.

Honestly i was freaked out because i thought a 1year old or 11month old really needs his milk. But we introduced a yoghurt every day after lunch and put cheese on his sandwich or gave him a cheese stick as a snack with his lunch. Sometimes he would drink full cream cows milk from a sippy cup but not every day.

Drinking water is important, but they will drink when they are ready. If she is thirsty she will drink, all you can do is keep offering a sippy cup. It feels like a life time each day because you dont know if what your doing is right by letting them drop the feeds. But its whats right for your baby, keep remembering every one is different and every one isnt always by the book. Stay strong because i know its a hard time, every one would look at me and im sure talked about me and how my son dropped his bottles very quickly (at early age) but he honestly just didnt want them any more.

Goodluck... smile

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

My Dd is getting close to 10months and i am in the process of cutting her lunch bottle out as i think it interferes with her dinner. So soon it will be 2x150mls and she has 50mls with breakfast in a cup and 100mls with dinner. She also has 100mls on her cereal and eats yoghurt,cheese and custard everyday.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

Hi Alison
Jeb is 10 months and has 3x200ml bottles a day. Sometimes he wants more in them and other times I'm lucky to get 100-150ml in him each time. Jeb too goes through stages where he'll have all of his water/juice (i give him a 275ml straw cup) in one day but then other times he just doesn't want any at all. Don't worry too much about it. all you can do is offer it to her as much as possible and hopefully she'll get her intake back up smile
Sign in to follow this topic