Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Gave up breastfeeding 3 months ago BUT

Gave up breastfeeding 3 months ago BUT Lock Rss

I always had plenty of milk for my darling daughter and when she was 2 months old i started to wean her onto a bottle because I was going back to uni and i jsut didnt feel comfortable carting around all my expressing stuff let-a-alone the cooler etc.

By 3 months she was fully on the bottle (we did it slowly), and she is now 6 months old and loving the bottle, loved the breast too. Doesnt care how shegets her milk just wants it NOW lol.

My concern is I still have milk and I can still leak everynow and again.

How long till my supply stops, I want to turn the 'tap' off so to speak...... Why is it taking so long?

Eb

I don't know this for sure as I'm still breastfeeding, but I have a friend who had a lot of trouble in the early days and went to formula after a couple of weeks. She said she had a tablet that dried her up in a couple of days.

As I said, I don't know for sure what this was, but maybe ask your Dr if there is such a thing that will help dry you up quicker than nature seems to want to!
Hi I took sage tablets to dry up my milk and they worked really well they dried it up within a couple of days.
Nat

i have heard sage tablets work. But your local doctor can give you a tablet that will work. When you stopped breast feeding did you get your periods again? normally when you get your preiods starting the milk starts to slow/stop.

Its horrible wearing breast pads all the time when your not feeding (i only too well know the feeling) so go to your doctor and get some tablets. You'll be normal again in no time sweety!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic