Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Avent bottles Lock Rss

Hi is anyone else having problems with leaking avent bottles. no matter how you do them up they seem to leak. Also does anyone have problems with there baby not taking much milk from the avent teats. should i change to pigeon

Mum of Layla-Rose

Hi Amber, I've been using avent bottles and teats since my DS was 3 days old. Sometimes they do leak, I think it mainly happens when I make the milk up when the bottle is still hot from sterilizing. I just open the bottle or pull on the teat and that usually fixes the problem. I also pop an old cloth nappy under his chin while I give him his bottle incase of dribbling, leaks etc. Sometimes I thought he'd been drinking really quickly only to discover half his bottle was down his shirt - lol. Maybe you could try changing teat sizes if he's not taking much - it might be flowing too slowly for your bub, i think they come in newborn, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months and 3 months +. It's just trial and error to find the right bottles and teats, if you're not happy with avent, I'd recommend trying other brands. It can't hurt so good luck !!!

I love my Avent bottles

mind you if i do them up too quickly they do leak,but i just redo them up

did you know the teats have 3 marks around the edge?
for slow , meduim and fast flow?
Probably do but just thought i'd tell ya

i have heard that Pigeon are good though
what ever tickles your fancy

xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

I have been using Avent with my bub who is now 7 months old, I can't say that I have had any problems with them leaking, my baby is only on size 2 and I think they go up to size 5? He gets the milk fast enough and it doesn't spill out of his mouth. What size teat are you using - maybe you need to go up a size if you have a hungry bub?

Mummy to Ryan 22.10.05 & Luke 11.9.07 Tassie

Hey Amber
You are not alone, I have found they leak sometimes also. But I love their bottles and So does little one, have used them since she first went on formula and will continue.
Hope you find some luck with them soon!

Nikki H, Perth, 8mth baby girl

hey there

i used avent bottles when i had to express, haleigh hated them, so we changed to tommee tippee, found she feeds much better from them, we use purr ortho (something like that) teats,

Monique mum 2 Haleigh & James

Hi Amber,
I use the Avent as well and find that they leak when I'm shaking them to mix the formula, I've learnt to hold a tea towel around them when shaking otherwise I end up with milk spots all over the tiles!! I've just recently moved up to the 2 teat with my 6 week old and she's taking alot more than before, I did try changing the teat when she was 4 weeks but it was too early for her and the milk was spilling out everywhere.
Good Luck.

Gena, NSW, Mum to Charlie 15/04/06

Sign in to follow this topic