Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Tap water or boiled water???

Tap water or boiled water??? Lock Rss

May sound like a stupid question, but should I still be filling my bubba's bottles with cooled boiled water or water from the tap. She has plain water to drink during the day and I give it to her straight from the tap, but for some reason I still use boiled water in her milk bottles.
Any ideas??? I think I am contradicting myself by using both???

Nikki H, Perth, 8mth baby girl

If you have decided to give her tap water then i dont know if having boiled water with formula would make much difference, I dont know from what age you can give tap water but id assume that if its good for one its good for the other.
My bub is 5 months and i use cooled boiled for both.
If it doesnt seem to bother her its probably ok, but i'd hate to give the wrong advice, maybe just call the health nurse to check.

Amanda,Perth,nearly 10 Month baby Girl

Hi Nikki H,

I have 2 boys one is 3 1/2 yrs and the other 8mths. I have been told by several nurses and doctors that boiled water is to be given until they are 1yr old. I have been constantly told this since my first one was born.

Because of the drought as well there is not much movement in the dams so supposedly that breeds more germs so i have been advised especially at present to stick to boiled water even for my older one.

I hope this info helps

Goodluck.
i always use boiled or bottled water. even for myself.
i've had giardia before when i was younger and don't want to take the risk of my girl getting it, so i'm going to stick to boiling or buying all her water.

Monique mum 2 Haleigh & James

Sign in to follow this topic