Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

REFLUX and formula Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

just wondering what formulas everyone uses for their babies with reflux? are they good? does it make an improvement? do you need to use a faster teat etc.. any info would be great!

Thanks

Katie

katie VIC dd 30/8/03 dd2/4/06

i use Heinz and i love it

also the Avent teats are great as they have a slow.medium, and fast flow all in one teat

Lillie....1 year old!!!

When my daughter had reflux I changed her to Karicare Ha Ar which with her didn't go down to well so I then changed her S26 LF because the CHN told me she could be sensitive and this worked, but I will mention my daughter turned out to be Lactose Intolerent too.
Hi Katie,

I use S26 AR, and I noticed a change in Christopher after his very first bottle of it. Within 24 hours it was like living with a completely different baby.

I use Avent bottles with multiflow teats, he has been having the number 3 (fastest flow) since he went on it at 2.5 months old.

Just one tip, I find that it is not great to pre-prepare the bottle as it goes lumpy after a little while. I just fill the bottles with boiling water and chuck em in the fridge. When he needs it I put the bottle with the water in the mic for 35secs and then add the formula.

Each baby is different and be prepared to try a few bottles, teats, formulas before you find the right one. Christopher has severe silent reflux and probably will till 18 months, and then may have to have surgery if it dosnt correct itself so he will be on the formula until he dosnt have a bottle anymore. But thats cool, as soon as I saw the difference in him I didnt mind. Hope this helps

Cheers
Katie

Christopher 08/10/05 William 30/12/08

Hi everyone,

I really need some advice on what to do with ny baby.

He is 5months old and has sever reflux.

I had him on S26AR and in the last 3 weeks he has became so much worse and the vomiting is continual. He couldnt keep anything down. He screams all day and all night, and sleep is non existant.

I cant seem to get him into any routine as nothing is working.

Yesterday put him onto Karicare AR and I am wishing this works, although he is still vomiting.

2 weeks ago he comiting that much he ended up streaks vomiting blood.

I am really getting desperate.

I have had him to the drs and really they are not helping at all just saying that he will grow out of it and there is nothing else they can do. Is this so ?

I hope someone can give me something to go on.

He is my 4th child but the 1st with reflux.

I dont know what to do. sad

Thanks to anyone who can help

EmYaqoub
Hi, my baby is on Neocate and has reflux.but she does have other problems too. It is a prescription only formula anyway. I have a little bit of a different situation with her refusing the bottle 99% of the time but I found the Dr Brown's bottles good for when she does take it. You can purchase these from Babies Galore. If you do decide to try the bottles I suggeste only buying 1 to see if it helps first.
Amy

Amee, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic