Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

amount of formula feeds Rss

i have a daughter who will be 7 mths on friday, she as 3, 9oz bottles a day, but was going to drop her afternoon bottle, as then she would have 18oz a day, plus, 3 solid meals, my question is, is that amount of formula enough or not? .........replies appreciated:)
Hi,
According to the plunket book, Baby should be having their milk drink before their solids until they are 8-9 months old. It does not seem to be clear on how much they have but maybe you should be giving baby a bottle 1/2 to 1 hour before the solids then babies food. This would mean 3 bottles a day and it may take a bit of trial as to how much milk she has. The first year of life formula milk or breastmilk drinks are still important to baby and food should come second. It is after 8-9 months that solids can be given first to the milk. Hope this helps. Maybe you could ring the plunket 0800 933 922 and have a talk to them if you are still concerned.

Deena NZ New mum

My daughter is 8 months and my health nurse just adviced me that she should be drinking 600ml a day. Hope this helps!

Jasmine, 8 months

On the back of my tin it says over 6 months- 3 bottles. When my son is 1 year I will cut down his afternoon bottle.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

my daughter is nearly 1 and she still has 2 180ml bottles during the day and 240ml at night as well as 3 big meals a day and snacks, it just depends on your babies appetite, you might find that she needs the 3 bottles of milk as well.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Ryan is now 8 and a half mnths and he still has 4 bottles a day of approx 200mls. He also has 3 solid feeds a day and about 150mls of juice and he is thriving. I think that the more formula they have the better. It can't hurt them as it is so full of vitamins. I'd speak to your health clinic nurse before you decide. That always helps me.

Courtney NSW 8mth baby boy

Sign in to follow this topic