Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Survey: Vomiting Baby Research

Survey: Vomiting Baby Research Rss

Hi westiegirl,

I had a c-sect, and, appart for the first two days, have had no problems with my daughter vomiting. The midwife explained to me that vomiting for a few days after birth is expected for c-sect babies due to the mucus not comming out properly.

Good Luck with your research,

Debbi,NSW, Mum to Krystal (3) and Hayley (2mth)

Hi Westiegirl,
I have had 3 vaginal deliveries, and none of my babies had reflux or vomited, however, my sister in law has also had 3 vaginal deliveries and both her boys had severe reflux and were on medication for it until they were almost 18 months. Hope this helps you.

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi westiegirl,

I had a c-section but Corey does not have reflux & doesn't vomit very much either.

My friend had a traditional delivery and her daughter suffered with Colic for a bit..

grin

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

Hi i had a normal birth and my boy has vomitted since about 8 weeks but not violently, I think he's just a pig! Although on hot days he seems to vommit more. My aunty had a normal birth and her son had terrible reflux and projectile vomitting. Hope this helps.
I had a traditional birth and my son has been spewey since i stopped breastfeeding. Changed formulas - still didn't help.

Rebecca, Qld - Bens 1 on Saturday!

I gave birth to twins by having a Caesarian. Hayley had colic at 6 weeks, reflux at 8 weeks which she still has. Brayden has starting being sick more than usual during the last 2 weeks, but it isn't making him upset, like it does Hayley.
I had a c-section my son ended up with fluid on his lungs and spent 12 days in icu/special care. He does not suffer from reflux and hardly ever vomits.
Two of my friends had normal births around the same time and both of their babys are vomiters.

Kelly Mum to Connor Brisbane

Hi,

I had a c-section and I have a very spewy baby although he only became spewy once I stopped breastfeeding him at 5 weeks of age.

I have him on AR formula and take him to a chiropractor but nothing seems to be working.

Goodluck with your research.

Regards
Dayna

Mum to Aiden John (born - 1st September 2003)

Hi Westigirtl,
Have you looked at the relation between formula fed babies and breastfed babies that have reflux, as all the babies I know that have reflux, are formula fed babies. Just an idea, anyway.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi,

I had two normal deliveries - My daughter did not have any problems; But my son is 5 months old now, but still vomits - he has colic and reflux.

Cheers.
Hi

I had a perfect delivery and my son has been vomiity since he was born but is in no pain at all. he is now 5 months old.

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

hi westiegirl. i had 2 normal deliveries. both of mine threw up all the time. i put my eldest(now 3) on a reflux formula and that seemed to help. i'm breastfeeding my 8 month old but she still throws up all the time. hope this helps your research.

regards louise

NSW, 3 1/2 old boy 8 mth girl

Sign in to follow this topic