Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Survey: Vomiting Baby Research

Survey: Vomiting Baby Research Rss

Hi, i had a girl by c section and she threw up at the hospital a few times (big mess). when i got her home she had shocking reflux. i was up most nights until 6am trying to calm her and get her asleep. we had to elevate her bed at an angle to help but sometimes she needed to lie flat and sometimes she needed to sit up more. the most times she threw up was when she was teething. i could almost guarantee every feed of solids would come right back up. things calmed down around month 8 and cross my fingers we wont go through that again. i dont know if this helps much but thats all i can offer to help with the survey.
merry christmas everyone!

heidi, sa, baby girl 29/10/02

hi there my name is seonee
all three of my children have had reflux it runs in the family as my husbands two chidren also had it and so does he so i know a bit about reflux so if you need any tips or just want to chat it would be great
seonee

(sony) mother and stepmother to five children

Thandia was born by c/s and hardly ever vomits....unless we jiggle her too much after eating or it's really hot.
I had my baby by c section and he was 5 weeks premmie and has had bad reflux from day one. I was told this is normal in premmies. I have three friends 1 was a c section no reflux, 1 was a normal delivery born at 33 weeks and bad reflux and the other was a normal delivery and reflux. I hope this helps. Letitia
I had 2 boys by c section, the first emergency and the second elective. Bub one had reflux and was on s26AR and Infant Gaviscon, tilted everything, etc, until we saw a chiropractor at 9 mths. Bub two is a bit spewy but not painful, so no signs of reflux. Hope this helps your vomiting baby research.
I have had 1 girl. Born full term. Very long labour, forceps delivery. She is now 6 months old and suffers from severe silent reflux. She is now on Losec for her reflux after trying Zantac which did not work. Her reflux has caused severe feeding difficulties which even resulted in a stay in hospital being tube fed while they run further tests on her. All negative except for a PH probe that was done and confirmed the silent reflux. She does not spew alot but has done a few times and emptied her entire stomach contents - very scary!

I too have wondered whether delivery affects reflux etc. I have heard that a chiropracter could be beneficial. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I have been scared to take her.
hi,

I had a vaginal delivery, my daughter is 3 months old and she have not vomited once to this day.

nsw, baby girl 15/11/03

I had a c-section and my bub really only vomits if she has had too much or drunk too quickly.

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

Hi westiegirl
I dont know if its too late for this info now?But, anyway Tayla was born vaginally with vacuum extraction and has severe silent reflux and also is quite colicky
Sign in to follow this topic