Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. periods after breastfeeding??????

periods after breastfeeding?????? Lock Rss

hi everyone

Ive stopped breast feeding my 7 1/2 month old son (were on our 2nd week on formula) and i was wondering when other mothers got there periods back. I know everyones different i just wanted a rough idea of when i might get my back.

thanks
smile

carly,nsw,7 1/2 mth baby

Well, I have been breastfeeding for four months and thought I was getting 'telltale' signs in the last week, but nothing yet...

A coworker got hers straight back within the month of the post birth bleed... and exclusively breastfeeding...

An antenatal friend, finished breastfeeding to return back to work (as expressing was a complete failure), put her daughter on formula and got hers within the month... at that stage it had lasted three weeks...

You're right everyone is different... I suppose we just have to wait and see... watch for your usual 'telltale' signs and see if it is easier... and that depends on if you were a heavy or light bleeder in the past...

Good luck

Jenn mother of Emily, born Boxing day
hi,
i stoped breastfeeding my son at 7 months and it was 5 weeks after before mine returned.
and boy was it heavy, it was like ide just given birth again.
enjoy it while you dont have them.
the doctor told me most people get them back within a month.

tamara

i had my daughter in october. i was breastfeeding my daughter and still am as well as giving her formula. my monthly friends returned to me 2 months after my daughter was born (in december).

Aimee, 4 year old princess

I had Luke in Sept & had monthly friend visit last month. Every one is different so don't worry but do remember you CAN get pregnant before they return so if not planning more at moment becareful.
My youngest dd came before they returned because of this, I was bf also LOL

mum to 5

I've got a question!
With #1 i was still b/feeding and they returned when he was 6 months old. I only had the one before becoming pregnant again and #2 is now 6 months old. Hubby and i would like our kids to be close in age so we haven't exactly been doing anything to stop getting pregnant again, but how would i calculate how far along i was if i haven't had a period?? I know that the ob/gyn's can guestimate at the scan, but even with #2 i missed out on the Down Syndrome test because i couldn't get an appointment in time. Anyone been in this situation?

P.S. How lucky am i??? One period since Sept 2003!! Saved a bundle on tampons!

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

I'm breastfeeding but got my period after about 5mths. Rhys is my first and I've found my periods are much heavier than they used to be beforehand.
I'm breastfeeding also and my baby's just 5 months now. I got my periods last month so it was just when the baby was 4 months. However, it's different for everyone.....and I do agree that's it's a lot heavier than before.....

DD1 7/11/04, DD2 27/5/08

That's what i get for being excited about not having my period back yet...IT'S BAAACK!!

After first bub - 6months 1week
After Second bub - 6months 2days!

And yes, it's heavier! Thank God i had a box of tampons in the house. Used to be i'd find them everywhere, this time i had to search!!

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

Hi,

As many others I also got my periods back after 5 months and I'm still breastfeeding at 9 months.

Good luck!

Lynda NSW

Hi there, just new to all this chat.

I am still b/f baby #4 , now 7 mth old, my Doc told me normally you will get your periods starting again when you drop to under 3 feeds a day?
So I will stick to 4 feeds (lol)
we will see if its works this time.
Sign in to follow this topic