Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Supplements when BF Rss

Hi
My DD is 9 months and I am still BF her. At the moment I am taking Blackmores Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Gold Formula supplements everyday (was taking Elevit prior to this but it was getting too expensive so I changed). I was wondering what others were taking (if anything) as I am not sure if I still need to take them or not. I have a pretty good diet and so does DD now she is on solids.
Thanks,
Naomi

My babies are all grown up sad

Hi,
A friend of mine works at the chemist, and she gave me about a dozen bottles of the Blackmores formula that you are talking about, because she thinks it's so good! To be honest, I forget to take it every day, and only really take it sporadically. I thought it helped in the earlier months when I didnt have any energy to do much at all, but these days I'm getting a lot more sleep!

My friend also said that you can take it once youve stopped breastfeeding, as it is a good supplement for women in general. Basically, if you feel a bit run down, then take it, but if youre eating really well and getting lots of sleep and feel fine (and DD does too), then I dont suppose you need it.

Cheers.

PS for anyone who's interested, with vitamins and supplements etc they are still ok to take up to a year after their 'best before' date.

Beth, Tas, Kate born 17.12.05

If you have a good/ok diet it is completely unesecary to take any supplements at all, basically its a money spinner, of course if your feeling run down or have been sick its probably a diffrent story, personally i dont take anything, never have with any of the kids if your healthy its a waste of money
hth
Kell

p.s if you want more info check out the aba website for some really good info, www.breastfeeding.asn.au there is actually an article on there site about this

Charlie 5, Imee 3, Laura 13mths, and ttc #4!

Sign in to follow this topic