Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. too many feeds for an 11month old??

too many feeds for an 11month old?? Lock Rss

hey all

my third baby, Molly who is about to turn 11months old in 2 days time LOVES to feed!
She is currently feeding about 5-7 times in 24 hours and that includes at least 1-3 times between 7pm and 7am!
I dont mind this at all but it just seems like a lot! i cant see her dropping any feeds in the near future! I randomly got a bloct milk duct this week and am in agony-my mum says thats a sign i should wean her!!! but i dont feel like I am ready or she is ready either. I am not feeling like she is getting enough nutritional input from her food(she can be fussy and not eat a lot) so i think she still needs feeds for nutritional purposes and the comfort reasons is self explanitory!!!!

Any one else still got an 11month old feeding this much?

thanks
Kath

Kathryn - Zack-4, Toby-2 & Molly 1

Hi Kath I know when I was breastfeeding my daughter she would feed every 3 hours and that included morning, lunch and dinner and even during the night if she wanted and I felt if she wanted the boob than she is going to have it from me and if arent ready to stop breastfeeding than dont stop and does your daughter have the bottle at all with your milk inside or maybe you might have to give some formula to her and sometimes I got that with my milk and it was all block up but I found it if I massage my boobs than that help the milk to move abit and get the flow of it moving.

My daughter isnt a big eater and somedays she is fussy eater but it might just depends on your daughter's mood and what she might want and the only thing I can say if that you are worried about your daughter than ask the doctor about it and maybe they can give you some ideas.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic