Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Breast Feeds 4 9mth old? Lock Rss

My daughter is 9 1/2 months and still breastfed due to a dairy and soya allergy. She is a real pain to feed, doing acrobatics while attached and really isn't that interested. I'm only feeding her so as to give her some calcium. Just wondering how many breastfeeds other babies this age are having? Are they just as fussy on the boob?

DD#1- 2004, DD#2 -2006, DD#3 -23/10/08.

Hiya

I found around that age bennett was really fussy (it got worse) so i couldn't feed with the tv on or people talking he often trie dto take my nip with him!!!

around 10 mths I got my period back and the made him even more fussy, around that time he was still having 2-3 feeds a day and then he self weaned at 12.5 mths.

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

G'day,

My daughter is nearly 9 months now and basically I can only feed her lying down on our bed. This is mostly my fault as it's how I've fed her for ages, so makes it hard when we're out!
One day she must have been realy hungry (tired too) tried to feed her while sitting in the car (parked of course) and nope whe just wouldn't do it, thought it was play time or something, so 20min late we're home, feed & then fast asleep in her cot. But witha a couple of kids one or both are ususally due for a sleep so I'm never out too long, and it is possible to feed her lying on a rug on the ground if necessary (can you imagine!). So needless to say I'm currently trying to get her on to bottles.

I remember James was like that at a younger age (he fed normally - in the sitting position) and yeah basically couldn't talk to anyone or have tv on etc.

Otherwise I have a friend whose daughter had allergy issues and she fed untill about 2yrs old without too much trouble. And other friends too with healty kids have breastfed untill over the age of two. So hope you can get through this stage, if that's what is best for your bub!

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Sign in to follow this topic