Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Dishwasher for baby's bottles?

Dishwasher for baby's bottles? Rss

Hi

Does anyone use a dishwasher to clean their baby's bottles and feeding utensils? I haven't been game to up to now but I've been thinking about it. I don't know how you'd go about it - do you need to scrub things out with a brush first? Is it necessary to rinse everything else so that no food bits get caught? And most importantly, is it helpful?

If anyone does wash bubs' things in the dishwasher or has tried doing this, I'd appreciate hearing your experience.
I have never heard of bottles being washed in dishwasher. Liquid Steralizing (soaking) or microwave steralizing are the only methods I have heard of. I use the microvavable steralizer which is quite simple. All bubz things should be washed in warm soapy water and rinsed prior to steralizing. Most of bubz plates/spoons/cups and stuff like that I think youll find are not steralize proof and many are not even dishwasher proof, I just wash in warm soapy water and rinse as we would wash our things.

Amanda, Ben, Mia & Ella

Hi, I wash bottles and all other utensisls in the dishwasher, never had any problems. I then steralise bottles using milton tablets. I also wash bottles normally with a brush to clean them out properly, depends on how much washing up I have whether I put them in the dishwasher or wash up in the sink. I don't think you would need to worry about it.

mum to two gorgeous guys

Hi, with my first child I never used the dishwasher, always washed up with a bottle brush in warm soapy water and than sterilized using the microwave sterilizer until he was 12mths.

This time around did the same until 6 months of age and now everything goes into the dishwasher. I purchased a dishwasher caddie from target it separates everything and is for the top shelve of your dishwasher only. I have also been told from my baby health clinic that there is no need to sterilize after 6 months. I do a quick rinse of everything prior to puting in the dishwasher.
Works for me!!

Shell - Kyan 25/8/04 & Charley 25/8/06

Hi, I think washing them in the dishwasher is fine, probably even better than handwashing, because the water in the dishwasher is so hot.As long as the teats havent turned upside down, I dont think theres a problem. I would still sterilize after the dishwasher until age 1.

Bel,WA,Girl :7,twin boys:5,girl:6 months

Hi,

I have a 7 month old and I recently moved into a house with a dishwasher. I didn't know what to do either so I tried with one bottle and it came out fine so I don't think you should have any trouble.

1 and walking

I have a 5 1/2mth old and have been putting her bottles in the dishwasher about once a week since she was 3 mths. I am still breastfeeding and had to go back to work so it is expressed milk if that makes a difference. But I also steralise after washing either on stove top - boiling water or in microwave sterliser. I have had no problems

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lilypie.com/pi

well my friend used a dishwasher for her bubs bottles and he is fine, plus at the end of a cycle all the steam from the hot water sorta sterilizes it anywayz, but she did tell me she alwayz had to check the teats as sumtimes they wouldnt alwayz clean it... i guess after u take it out, just rinse it... i alwayz hand washed my sons bottles but i dont think it makes a difference...
As far as I am concerned, a dishwasher is not good enough to clean bottles because there is leftover inside. For example, your drinking water and baby bottle are not easy to clean because your hands cannot reach inside the bottom. Yet with a baby bottle brush, it is very easy to make your bottles sparkling clean.

No, I use MADE OF organic foaming baby bottle wash & dish soap. It is great just like all of their products.
I also use MADE OF baby bottle wash/dish soap to wash my daughter's bottles. Love this brand and all of their products!
Boil your babies bottle with warm water upto 10-15 minutes, it work like home remedy.
Sign in to follow this topic