Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Advice needed on formula Lock Rss

I tried to get my 7 and a half month old on formula and I've tried the s26 gold but she won't drink it. She takes it in her cereal and other food but not from the bottle. I know everyone says hat the s26 gold is the closest to breast milk but i need to try another brand.
any recommendations? Thinking of going to Karicare Gold.....
Any advice will be much appreciated...
Thanks

DD1 7/11/04, DD2 27/5/08

hi prasangi, i have been trying to get my lil man on formula for ages. first i tried the s26 gold, didnt take it. so i tried karicare, didnt like it. finally i tried him on heinz and he takes this one. i think you will just have to try them all until you find one that she likes.

all the best

2 yrs

G'day,

My Little Miss is 8.5 months now and after she bit me on the tit (with one of her already 3 teeth) I decided it's time to wean. So painful to feed the past 3 days!! So yes I'm in the same situation. I'm trying Avent bottles and S26 Gold, she will drink water out of the bottle, but as soon as I give her the one with the milk she pushes it away!
I don't think its the formula as such, like someone said you could probably try 10 different brands all are going to taste different to mummys milk! Not to mention the expense! I'll keep tryin with S26Gold for now cos I think it's the revolt of "I'm not drinking milk from that thing, it's what mummy is for!" And she likes it well enough in her cereal in the mornings.
My first kid was about the same age when I weaned him, funny enough I tried heaps of different kinds of teats & bottles, and he took to the cheapies in the end after some weeks of trying him once or twice a day.
So my suggestion would be persistence (and yes I will pursue my own advice, and let you know if there is any progress in a few weeks). But I am not discounting that babies may not like certain formulas too, always a possibility, so it doesn't hurt to try! Oh yeah & like I did with James (sick of wasting formula) I tried him with water, so he would just get used to drinking from a bottle to begin with and then tried the milk again when I knew he can actually drink from the bottle (eliminating one problem at the time).

Sorry for starting to ramble on now.

Good luck anyway.

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Update:

Hey I've got progress already, she complains first then on her terms accepts some milk from the bottle (usually 80 - 100ml at best).

I thought about the perialistic pidgeon ones and almost brought one but thought the flow may be too slow as I thought they may be more suitable to newborns. But yes I agree they seem better as they are more flexible (like the boob) so if I wasn't having any luck I probably would have given it a go.

How are you going with it prasangi?

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Sign in to follow this topic