Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Engorged every morning - normal?

Engorged every morning - normal? Lock Rss

Hi Kroons

I think it is pretty normal - this is the only time of the day I ever feel engorged. From what I know the reason is that prolactin (the hormone that stimulates milk production) levels are highest through the night so even though you're not feeding you're still producing milk all night. Could you maybe give Alistair a bit of a top up feed from the second breast half an hour or so after his first feed? I don't know if this would help or not, just a suggestion. Maybe call the breastfeeding association for some advice. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Take care
Jasmine
I think you will find that your boobs no matter what will never realise that they are not going to be emptied at night time. They work on supply and demand so if your bub drinks alot of milk during the day they are of course going to fill during the night and become mighty sore, as a suggestion perhaps you could try expressing the milk before you go to bed and freezing it for future use and that way your boobs don't have as long to fill up.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Sign in to follow this topic