Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Moving up to 2nd stage formula

Moving up to 2nd stage formula Lock Rss

Hi all,

My little girl is getting closer to 6 months and its almost time to change formula.

Just wondering if someone can tell if you are supposed to just put them on the 6months + formula or do you wean them onto it?

Also should i start a soon as she is 6 months??

Leanne, Eliza Jade 17/1/05

Hi,
I don't believe you have to wean them onto it, both my kids just went straight to follow-on formula, no problems.
When you DO have to be careful is when introducing them to cows milk, then you just add tiny amounts to their formula, gradually increasing over days or even weeks until they are on full cows milk. But you won't be needing that info until they're closer to 12 mnths.

Dizie, 2 girls, 2002 & 2003

Post deleted by administrator.
Hi,

My little one is 9 mths now and has been on follow on formula (6mths+ formula) since he was 6 mths. It's as simple as soon as when ur little girl turns 6 mths or a few days after, change the formula over. I found no diff whatsoever in my bub when I changed formulas, although I did stick to the same brand, I went from using S26 Gold step 1 to S26 Gold step 2.

Sign in to follow this topic