Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. aahhh shes refusing the breast!

aahhh shes refusing the breast! Lock Rss

hi, i decided to start to wean my 10month old off the breast and give her formula in a cup. she was having 4 feeds a day (one being a feed between 10pm and midnight)

i started replacing the lunch time feed and we done this for a week. then i replaced the morning feed so she was having 2 cups and 2 breast feeds.

BUT that night i started giving her 2 cups she refused the night feed so i put her back to bed and she went back to sleep. same thing the next day she refused the feed after dinner and the night time one.

so to wrap it up i now have her on 3 cups feeds a day (she has around 150-200mls each feed) and wont take the breast. so i guess what i need help with is if this has happened to anyone else? i just cant believe how quick she didnt want the breast because she absolutly loved having her "booby" and she would NEVER have a bottle!

i would also like some help on how to help my milk dry up! i am completly full and have been expressing a little throughout the day. i didnt intend on her stopping breast feeding so suddenly!

thanks!

Kelly, NSW, Caleb born 3/10/00, Hannah born 21/8/0

me again! i also meant to add is 200mls 3 times a day enough formula for her? (she is 10 months old)
i am using the heinz nurture formula in the red tin. i am not sure if its the right on because its called "follow on" formula. can anyone let me know what that means?

thanks

Kelly, NSW, Caleb born 3/10/00, Hannah born 21/8/0

Sign in to follow this topic