Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. baby weaning, mum depressed

baby weaning, mum depressed Lock Rss

Hi, i just wonder if any other mums got depressed when there babies weaned. My DD is self weaning, she will not take the breast, she just bites it. I can only get her to take her early morning feed. This has been going on for a week and even though i know she is 12 months i cant shake the feeling. I feel so sad and cry at times during the evening. I even sneak her out of the cot and try to give her my breast while shes asleep. I am sick of feeling sad about this. Did any other mums feel this way? My friends think im being ridiculous, they cant believe i got so far.

jen, mum to sahra born 28.6.04

You aren't being ridiculous!

Don't listen to your friends!

I applaud you and baby for going this long.

Its such a personal link between mums and baby's its only natural to feel sad when they wean.

Gosh don't feel bad about crying.

There are some many more exciting times ahead.

Keep your chin up love.
you are not alone!

my boy is now 6months and at 5months my milk supply completely droped! i was so upset, thinking i couldnt do it any more - and after all the time while i was pregnant not really wanting to breastfeed, it was the best thing i ever did. But knowing the supply had gone i was so depressed, thinking "its not my job any more" and knowing that every one else (now) could do what i was doing made me even more depressed.
Lukily i was able to go onto those tablets to boost your supply, i would hate to think what would happen if he started biting my nipples, id be even more depressed!

But stay on top of it, and dont let people discourage you from being the only one who feeds your baby. Keep being the only one to feed your baby, unless you are so overtired and want a bit of a break - then give up a feed. But no one say's you dont have the responsibility!

Keep up the good work.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic