Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. help my baby won't take a bottle

help my baby won't take a bottle Lock Rss

hi, i have a 9 month old who i have been trying to wean for a couple if weeks, as i am 3 months pregnant and want a couple of months break from feeding before i start again, oh and my boobs are so painful(must be hormones).
he goes absoulutly mental every time my husband or i try to give him a bottle ive tried formula and cows milk, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Hi,

Try a different teats and see whether your baby want it or not, and with regards to the formula, my DS also refuse to have it last time until we change to organic formula, the Bellamy's Organic Formula and he wants it straight away, hope it helps.
hi, which feed have you been trying to replace with a bottle? I mean, what time of day? I tried for 4 months with no luck until I offered my DD a bottle first thing in the morning. I'd been advised that daytime feeds should be replaced first & the morning and night ones last as these are the hardest for bub to give up. Didn't work that way for me! Imogen weaned herself within less than a week of me replacing that morning feed.

thanks for both of your advice, ive been randomly offering a bottle throughout the day, but i have never tried a bottle first thing in the morning ill have to try that tommorrow. yesterday i tried to go cold turkey on him, he didn't feed all day, he definaltly will be a hard cookie to crack i think. thanks again for both of your advice.

thanks for both of your advice, ive been randomly offering a bottle throughout the day, but i have never tried a bottle first thing in the morning ill have to try that tommorrow. yesterday i tried to go cold turkey on him, he didn't feed all day, he definaltly will be a hard cookie to crack i think. thanks again for both of your advice.

Sign in to follow this topic