Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Formula to Cows Milk? When and How?

Formula to Cows Milk? When and How? Lock Rss

HI!
My boy will be 1 in a few weeks. I have been told he is to go onto cows milk or a toddler formula at 1. HAs anyone else done this yet? If so which is better? How did u make the change? Is the taste difference a big thing for them?

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

hi there
obviously I havent thought about this for my new little one, but with my now 5 year old I transitioned her from breastmilk to cows milk at about 11months, with boiled cows milk. She took it quite well but as we know all babies are different.
It is definitely a good idea to try to progress the onto cows milk whenever YOU think they are ready!

fiona

Hi Kirsty,

My daughter is already one ( a few weeks ago) and I stil bottle feed her with formula (Karicare Gold -Toddler) and I used warm cow's milk (Pura Milk Gold -Extra Creamy) to mix with her formula for one feed and use warm water to mix her formula for the next feed (Warm cow's milk or water mix more well)

My sister's feed their bubs cows milk at 1 yrs old and its ok for them to drink it cold (just advisable to heat it up when the weather is cold to keep their stomachs warm)

Its all a matter of choice. When bubz turn one they are strong enough to drink cow's milk because their immune system is well developed and stronger. At this age, they will be eating more and will get their nutrients from the food they are eating.

Personally I still want to feed my daughter the gold brand of formula (not essential) but it does have lot more nutrients then cows milk. I do try to feed her with the best food possible to help encourage her growth to be as healthy and productive as possible so she can reach her full potential.

I feed her cheese, yoghurt, veges and all the healthy foods her growing body needs (shes a very active girl)

Its all a personal choice, if you are keen to get ur boy to stop using the bottle, there are bottles design for different stages leading up to taking away the usage of a bottle and using a cup or sipper instead.

Hope this help.

Take care,

Phoenix
Sign in to follow this topic