Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Getting Ready For Bottle Feeding

Getting Ready For Bottle Feeding Lock Rss

Well im ready and im going to start weaning my daughter off the breast in about 4-5days. The lady at the clinic wrote me a timetable to start, Its going to take about 6 weeks to wean her off compeletly but slowly. Which im happy about. Im just not sure about the bottle situation. Like just say i wake up in the morning and make all the bottles ready. Can i put them in the fridge and then when she needs one to take it out 30mins b4 her feed so it goes to room temp or what? Im just not sure. Please share your tips with me. Thankyou

Karen

Karen - Jasmine 14/1/05 & Damon 31/1/07

Hi, my twins have been bottle fed almost from birth. And I reckon in their first 12 months of life, I've washed & made a gazillion bottles!..and I have the dishpan hands to prove it :'(

You can make up bottles up to 24 hours ahead as long as you put it straight into the fridge. After 24 hours, it is recommended (ie - you should) throw the made up formula out. You shouldn't leave milk out for more than 1 hour as bacteria multiplies really quickly once the milk is heated.

There are several ways you can warm up the milk. I put hot water in a jug and stand the bottle in it. Other people heat it up in the microwave, but it heats unevenly and causes hot spots. There is also a belief that microwaving can destroy nutrients as well. Other mums just put boiled hot water in the bottles and put the bottles in the fridge. When it's feeding time, they microwave the water in the bottle and then add formula.

I prepared all the bottles the night before & warm in hot water, so there is no mucking around when bubs are screaming for their bottle. I found that by the time I changed their nappies, the milk is warmed sufficiently.

Hope this helps.

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

Sign in to follow this topic