Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

thickened formula Lock Rss

hello everybody, i have a 6 month old little boy and i was just wondering if anybody could tell me what age if any i am supposed to stop the thickened formula... I have heard from amny people that you arent supposed to give it to them after 6 months due to them gaining too much weight, the only problem i have is the sheer fear that he will throw up massive amounts like he did b4 if i take him off of it... has anybody had any experience with thickened formula, can i keep him on it or should i change? thanks in advance!!!

amanda

Amanda Mummy 2 Seth 1/2/05 & Tianah 14/7/06

I too have a son on thicken formula, my CHN said that you can keep giving it to them as long as they need it. You do not have to change to a follow on formula. When Ethan gets to 6 months I am going to try him on a follow on formula, if he is ok I will stick to it, but if not back to the thickened formula until whenever he gets better.

Hope this helps, let us know how you go.

URL=http://blingee.com/blingee/view/62304287-Sien

hi amanda i too have a 6 month old born on the 4-2-05 and he is on thickened formula the chn said to change him on to follow-on formula about 3 weeks ago because he was drinking too many bottles and eating solids 3 times a day he is a big boy weighing 10 kilo but i tried and he choked on the normal formula so i left him on the thickened he doesnt seem to be putting on too much more weight and i just spoke to the doc about it and he said if he is happy leave him so i think ill leave him until his ready

michelle qld mum to rhys 5mths

Sign in to follow this topic