Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. 5 1/2 month old now on formula

5 1/2 month old now on formula Lock Rss

Hello Everyone

our little girl has been fully weaned to formula now but part of me still feels guilty!

the reason i gave up feeding her was because i just got to the point where i had, had enough and breastfeeding her just didn't feel right for me anymore

I still feel a bit bad about switching her, has anyone else felt this way? and will it disappear soon?

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

hi melly a big warm hug for you dear!

i felt real bad when i stopped breastfeeding peter i was so upset... the reason was i couldnt get peter on as i have inverted nipples so i had to pump i was depressed for a few months and i still have my bad days but thats not from giving up breastfeeding! but that didnt help!
when i gave up pumping it was because it was so exhausing and my milk slowed right down from depression so thats when i gave it up. the bad feeling disappear about 2 months but it maybe different for you.. i now feel happy peter got the start of the breast milk as thats the best part for them and so did your little one. but i am happy he is on formula now as i know how much he is having smile and im happy to give over peter to my partner or family to have them feed him when im having me time! smile
best wishes
i hope i helped oxo

p.s i found having skin cuddle time helped me feel better when i felt down about giving it up as it brought that nice feeling you have when breastfeeding

mum of peter 25/12/04

Hi Melly

I had to stop after 2 weeks in order to help myself. While pregnant with my little girl i found out i had a sick heart with a heart rate of 280 bpm and couldnt get any help until i had her.

When it came time to give birth to her i had an emergency c-section because my heart couldnt cope. Then to doctors told me that they had to start the procedure ASAP i asked them to wait but i felt it getting worse. So i stopped to start medication. I felt so down that i let her down twice by not giving birth to her myself and now not being about to breast feed.

On the bright side scarlett and i am healthy and although i wish i could have changed things the smile on her face was worth it.

You will get over this feeling, its the little things you will remember and look forward to. On the plus side she'll be able to eat solid foods soon and this will all be in the past.

Scarlett 4 - Hazellyn 1 - Blake born 29.07.09

Hi Melly

I know exactly how you feel. I also had to stop breastfeeding my first daughter because my breast milk went dry and felt so guilty for a couple of weeks, then my doctor asked me: Susana is there a school for breastfed babies and a school for bottle fed babies and as you know there isn't, and that was his point. There is no difference they all grow happy and healthy and that is the most important thing.

I am now breastfeeding our second daughter 4 months but like you I have decided to stop at 6 months because I have nearly had enough. Breastfeeding is one of the most difficult things after giving birth and to some people it is even harder than that. So please do not feel guilty by any means and don't let anyone make you feel guilty. And you feeling bad will disappear.
Enjoy your little girl because she's not complaing about breast or bottle.

All the best

Susana

Mother of 3yr old and 4mths old beautiful girls

i hope the feeling goes away soon. But just remember she still needs you! even if it isnt for milk, but for the cuddles!

Big hugs for you... GOOD LUCK

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Melly,

I was feeling bad about stopping breastfeeding my daughter at 4 weeks but it just wasn't working.

I had trouble feeding, it hurt ever time, it took forever and was so much hard work and I wasn't enjoying what I felt should be a very special time with my daughter.

Once I put her on formula she slept better, cried less, I knew how much she was getting, I was enjoying feeding time again, I was feeling alot better myself and if I was tired I got to sleep and my husband would feed her.

I got over my guilt very quickly because everything was working out so much better.

Sonia,NSW,12mth old

Sign in to follow this topic