Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

300mls in 12 hours Lock Rss

hi everone i hve a 6 month old little boy who was on thickened formula up until a week ago, i tried him on the heinz one and he seems to be doing okay... he is on solids 3 times a day but yesterday only had 300mls in a 12 hour period...is this normal when they go on solids or should i be worried... he had 400mls during the night last night but that only brings it up to 700mls plus 3 solid meals

Amanda Mummy 2 Seth 1/2/05 & Tianah 14/7/06

i think the most important thing to look at is not how many mls he is taking but to see if he is putting on weight.

But in the first few weeks i gave kayden solids it reduced his feeds a little and then went back to "around normal" i heard in another post on this forum that babies should be having 1ltr a day in milk but kayden doesnt, and as long as he is putting on weight im not too concerned. The baby will take as much as he needs.

Could this be teething - do you think? because kayden also droped feeds when he was teething because his mouth was sore.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

I had a little chart thing that I used to measure DD formula intake as she is a little eater. DD has just started 3 meals a day and now drinks around 600mls a day. Asked the CHN and she said this was fine... Her words "some babies just don't need as much food and you can't force them to eat - they will eat when they are hungry". She also said that they can go off their food when teething or adjusting to new foods etc.

Once my little one was on 3 solid meals a day at about six months the only bottles she had was during the night and would take between 150 - 200ml each time. At this time I also started giving her very diluted fruit juice during the day.

I wasn't worried as I thought if she is hungry she will drink it and she was never underweight.

I have found being a little bit relaxed in raising my daughter has made the job a little easier. I read parenting magazines and books but only ever use the advice as a guide because every child is different.

Sonia,NSW,12mth old

Sign in to follow this topic