Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Increasing milk supple - HOW?

Increasing milk supple - HOW? Lock Rss

Hey jacmad,
Thankyou for the website address im in the process of checking it out, hopefully it will be of some help to me!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Hey mum78,
You noticed it too? Wow, i was starting to think i was nuts or something! I also have the Avent pump, i also noticed when i first got it how easy it was to use, but lately it hasn't been working so well, that might be because my milk supply is lower???

Hey Tanith,
Its a shame that i don't like beer hey!
I might try the tea, whats the name of it?

Hey desertgirl,
Thankyou for your reply.
You are one of the lucky ones! A couple of friends that i know also have a very good supply and they sort of findit hard to understand how i feel.
Ive found that Talana likes to be comforted by the breast and that is really good too, i heard so im happy with that!

ALSO,

A note to everyone.

We (Talana and I) successfully breastfed for 40mins tonight and it was great! A couple of times she pulled herself off but attached herself again and it went very well!

Fingers crossed!

Just wanted to say good on you both!! I unfortunately was unable to increase my milk supply, the pump did help but by the time I bought it and started to use it, it was too late! I pumped so much I ended up so sore and raw! Shame really as I was doing well breastfeeding this time (could BF the 1st time either!), but for some reason it just didn't happen!

Anyway, it's great to hear things are working out for you and your bub!

Best wishes,

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Leanne (and of course Talana) WELL DONE! It is very rewarding if you stick at it! Also it is great to comfort small bubs by the breast, as comfort-sucking also increases your supply. Sounds like you will be successfully breastfeeding in no time!

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Great to hear all went well. Did that website help out at all?

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

I've chosen to write all of my responses in one message as it gets too confusing!

Hey mum78,
Hopefully i have managed to start to increase my supply in time although i was also worried that i might have left it too late. I have been breastfeeding all yeasterday, last night and today and have found it seems to be working although we are still giving her a bottle as well. Hopefully i will get enough to even cut down one bottle a day and replace with a breastfeed!

Hey desertgirl,
I hope so! She is doing very well and its amazing. Last night she fell asleep at the breast and slept really well, even missing her first morning feed! We all got 6 hours of sleep and i feel wonderful today!

Hey jacmad,
There was so much interesting stuff on the website, not only the breastfeeding info, but also some articles on controlled crying which i found very interesting and it put a new light on things for me which is great!

Thankyou all for your help, it means so much to me and to Talana!

Hi again Leanne. I think it must be such a lovely feeling for bubs to fall asleep at the breast aswell as for mums. Its such a natural thing for them to do when the are so little. I noticed one of your other posts about control crying and I am glad that jacmad was able to pass on some more infoo for you on that. I bet Talana also feels wonderful!

Hey,
Talana loves being comforted by the breast, i was breastfeeding before and noticed that as she was pulling herself off, she looked at me and smiled and giggled at me, it was so cute!
It settles me down a lot too but i seem to get very emotional for some reason?

Don't all mums get emotional! Breastfeeding is such a great way to relax. My 9 month old only feeds a fews times a day now but we both look forward to those times because it means be both get to cuddle up and have some relaxing time.

Sign in to follow this topic