Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding

Breast and Bottle Feeding

Sammie

Soy formula Lock

My 9 month old is lactose intolerant and therefore can only have soy formula. Can anyone recomme...

2 replies

Hi Sammie, I've had my son on Infasoy since birth, then Infasoy Progress from 6 months, he is turning one next week, when I'll star...

Messy Drinker Lock

Hi, My daughter is 4 and a half months old but she was 3 months early so she should really be on...

2 replies

Hi there, Thanks for the info, i will go to the chemist today and ask. Any thing to save changing her clothes all the time Cheer...

tezagiggles

changing to cows milk Lock

my little girl is 11 months old now. she likes to drink cows milk as a drink in a cup, what i was...

3 replies

hi guys thanks heaps for your comments she is now on cows milk she loves it thanks !!!!

Kez Cap

Which Formula is best Lock

Hi all, I've been trying to find a website that compares baby formulas. However I 'm not having...

7 replies

Hi there, My daughter was 12 weeks premature and while we were in the Neo Natal Unit in Wellington Hospital and also the Special Ca...

mum3girls

Bottle and water sterilising Lock

Just wondering when other parents stopped sterilising bottles and boiling water for bottles. How ...

12 replies

I read in the book "Baby Love" by Robin Barker that it was fine to use boiled water from a jug for making up baby's bottles. Just em...

Drinking milk really slow, frequently stopping Lock

My 9.5 month old is drinking really slow. He gets to about 75 mls and then wants to get down and...

8 replies

Hi, It's so funny to read all of you so worried about this situation. I have dealt with dilemma since my daughter was 2 months ...

Debs

First feed for the day Lock

Hi all My son is now 13 weeks old and over the last couple of weeks he has been having a feed at...

4 replies

Hi everyone Thanks for the comments and advice ... I have decided to just go with what he is doing - I have been managing to get ne...

Sammie

Boiling milk Lock

Hi everyone, My nearly 8 month old baby boy is lactose intolerant, and has been on lactose free ...

2 replies

Hi, Yes, I definitely won't be giving him any cows milk until he turns 1. Only today I bought him some soy yoghurt which he hasn't...

HOW MANY BREASTFEEDS?? Lock

Hi my little princess Ava is 8 months and I'm a bit confused as to how many breastfeeds is normal...

5 replies

Hi Kellie, it does sound like she is weaning herself. At this age 3-4 breastfeeds is normal. Fo now, keep up the morning feed when ...

Howey11

Sick of the Breastfeeding Push!!! Lock

I am sick and tired of the push on breastfeeding!!! I understand that reasearch has been done t...

13 replies

Yes we all have our own preference My first baby was breastfeed for 3 days and my midwife had me ringing my mother ( nurse) in tears...

mum2girls

refusing breast Lock

My 10 week old baby girl has started to refuse the breast in the afternoons and evenings. She is...

2 replies

HI, My advise is to drink lots of water and to have a rest, I know its hard, but even just putting your feet up in the afternoon whi...

Shelleyz

Baby won't take formula Lock

Hi there, I thought I would try to drop a breast feed and give my 5 1/2 month old son a bottle a...

2 replies

Thanks for your reply, I will try one of those teats and keep perservering. Thanks again

Sammie

How much milk should a 7 month old have????? Lock

Hi, I have a 7 month old who has bad reflux. He is on medication (Losec) which helps him a grea...

3 replies

Hi Sammie I know exactly how you feel, Aimee used to "spill" all the time too but she stopped at about 9-10 months so hopefully it...

newmumof 1

breastmilk from a bottle trouble Lock

hi my 6month old son has been exclusively breastfed and refuses to take my milk from a bottle, i ...

8 replies

I had the same problem with my daughter who is now three. Someone suggested I try the Cannon Bottles (you can get them from the che...

Alyssa's Mum

Reflux? Lock

Hi, my daughter is 5 months old, she has 5 bottles a day, the first 3 breast milk, and the last ...

3 replies

My 1yo had very bad reflux which was diagnosed when she was about 3 mths old, and finally went away at around 9 mths. In between, we...

Alvon

Breastmilk Storage Lock

Hi, I am breastfeeding my 4mth old boy currently. I will be returning to work soon and thought o...

6 replies

One thing I can tell you is dont freeze the milk in icecube trays, I tried that after hearing about it....the milk is so sticky that...

leanne_williams_1983@hotmail.com

Increasing milk supple - HOW? Lock

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how i can increase my milk supply? I can only expr...

44 replies

Hey, Do i have your email address? I think i would feel a bit more comfortable talking about it via e-mail (i would love to talk to ...

three of a kind

Bottle feeding? Lock

Hello my name is jeanette and i have a 7 and a half mo old baby and im tryin to get him to take t...

2 replies

Hi Jeanette I had the same problem with my baby he is and always has been breast feed but I wanted him to have one bottle of express...

Milk - How Much? Lock

How much should a 6 mth old baby be drinking a day?

3 replies

Hi, our clinic sister said babies at this age should be drinking 900ml/day but I use the term 'should' loosely. My little girl has n...

Problems with breastfeeding - help Lock

Hi, my baby is 6 mths old and she has been feeding perfectly up till now. At every feed she crie...

8 replies

Hi Phoebe, Lots of people will say it is too young to put her on cows milk, however, my first son was on 4 solid meals per da...

butterfly kisses

HELP SHE WILL NOT DRINK HER BOTTLE Lock

Hi,I was hopeing someone could give me some advice.Breanna is 7 month old and she will not drink ...

3 replies

You could try changing her formula. My neice recently did the same thing and her Mum changed the formula and she went back to having...

ashmummy

expressing milk Lock

is it ok for expressed milk to sit out for 3-4 hours? i started then was distracted...should i ch...

7 replies

Hi Sharon, this is how i've been told to thaw frozen breastmilk:- -stand expressed milk in warm (not hot) tap water -change tap wate...

westiegirl

Survey: Vomiting Baby Research Lock

I am interested in the correlation between birth method either c-sect or traditional (vaginal del...

44 replies

Hi westiegirl I dont know if its too late for this info now?But, anyway Tayla was born vaginally with vacuum extraction and has seve...

happymumagain

refusing milk Lock

Hello everyone, I am a new mum, my daughter is 3.5 months old. My baby is being bottle feed, s...

3 replies

Hello first time mum I know exactly where you are coming from my daughter is now 9 1/2 months old but we have been going through th...

Alyssa's Mum

Travelling with expressed milk Lock

Hi, I will be travelling to Sydney next month with my daughter who will be 5 months. I was wonder...

4 replies

I express every day after the early morning feed and place in sterilized plastic bottles( as i think glass may crack in the freezer)...

Laura 1

Formula, where do I start? Lock

Hi everyone! IO was wondering if anyone could recommend a brand/type of formula to give my 7 mont...

5 replies

I changed my baby over to formula when she was 3months old. (My milk started to lessen 'cos I fell pregnant again!!!) We decided on ...

cams mum

Refusing the breast Lock

Hi I have a 5 month old boy who has been breastfeeding quite well, but over the past week has sta...

3 replies

My son went thru the same thing at about that age. I started using a smaller teat on his bottles (which he has water from) and foun...

Salty milk! Lock

Hi everyone, my name is Teresa and I have a beautiful 2-month-old girl, Hannah. Even though I am ...

1 reply

Hello Teresa I was the same as you, I got my period back when my little girl was 8 weeks old. The best thing for sweetening your mil...

Kerri and Blake

REFUSING TO TAKE THE BOTTLE Lock

I have a 5 month old baby boy who was breast feed till he was 3 and a 1/2 months old. He was gain...

2 replies

Hi Kerri and Blake I too had the same problem with my daughter, she is lactose intollerent and we put her on formula at 3 months, s...

lozzy37

amount of formula feeds Lock

i have a daughter who will be 7 mths on friday, she as 3, 9oz bottles a day, but was going to dro...

5 replies

Ryan is now 8 and a half mnths and he still has 4 bottles a day of approx 200mls. He also has 3 solid feeds a day and about 150mls o...

Stephanie Honer

Change of Formula Lock

Hi All, I have just changed Mackenzie (6 months) from the Infant S-26 Gold formula to the Progre...

1 reply

hi stephanie well i have a 9mth old daughter and i changed her from s26 gold to the the progress gold one i didnt have any problems ...

Mya''sMum

Sterilising Bottles Lock

My daughter is 8 months old tommorow. When can I stop sterilising her bottles? Kerrie

6 replies

We stopped sterilising bottles at six months. We put everything in the dishwasher and then use boiled water to make up his formula....

Drinking Water between feeds Lock

Was just wondering if other parents had ideas on how to get babies to drink more water. We have...

3 replies

i thought my son would never drink water and now he is a water hog! a friend of mine suggested a sipper cup for him as he didn't see...

Lal

How much does your baby drink? Lock

Hi! Just wondering how much formula your baby drinks from the bottle. My little girl is 18 weeks ...

6 replies

Hi Mums, thanks very much for your replies. It's good to know that there are other babies who worry their mums and I sympathise with...

desertgirl

Breastfeeding while pregnant Lock

Hi to all........My daughter is almost 9 months and I am still breastfeeding her. I plan to brea...

8 replies

i just wanted to say how cute that is that jamison gives julian the dummy when he is crying how gorgeous.

angel75

From breast to bottle Lock

Is it just me or has anybody else had this much trouble??? I've a 15wk old baby boy who I have b...

6 replies

Hi Michelle You are not alone with this problem. My daughter is 9.5 months old and I have only just gotten her onto a bottle, afte...

Figjam

S-26 Formula prices in Victoria Lock

Hi everyone, Today I went to by some S-26 gold tins for my 5 month old twins and found that the p...

10 replies

Hi jz, My son Damon had no obvious problems changing to Heinz, mind you it was his transition on to follow on formula as well, so re...

NS

unsettled irregular feeds Lock

My 16 week baby has just started waking in the night and has become very unsettled. He was doing...

6 replies

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Things have settled down considerably and I tend to put the disruption down to a growth spurt. ...

mummy manda

When 2 stop breastfeeding Lock

Hi guys I am currently breastfeeding my very healthy 7 month old daughter (she weighs almost 10.5...

5 replies

Hi there, I breast my baby until he was 11 months old. I gradually began to wean him around 10 months onto cows milk in a bottle. ...

sc

Follow-on Formula Lock

I am trying to decide whether or not to change to a follow-on forumula or not. I have been told ...

4 replies

I've been having the same dilemma. I do have a few facts: You can use a starter formula up to age of 12 months. After that you shoul...