Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Reading Experts - Q&As (Read Only)

Reading Experts - Q&As (Read Only)

Huggies_Moderator

THE HUGGIES HELP PANEL HAS NOW MOVED Lock

Hi there, The new look Huggies Help Panel has now been launched and can be found in our Being a...

New no replies
Ale82

autism Lock

hi my child will be getting assessed for autism and speech therapy at the moment i am in disbelif...

4 replies

hi my child will be getting assessed for autism and speech therapy at the moment i am in disbelif and was wondering if you could re...

mum_2_2 now

A book of tips to help with interaction? Lock

My almost 4yr old has recently started kindy and has been having a difficult time interacting wit...

New no replies
willanndsouzasmith

Moved:Come of the Pill after 13 years Lock

This post has been moved to another forum.

New no replies
rita-jean

Books on new siblings Lock

Hi, I'm pregnant with twins and would like to read to my son to help him understand as he loves ...

1 reply

We have a great and extensive range of picture books for young children to help them comprehend the arrival of a new baby or two. To...

skyjett

teaching for 3 yr old Lock

Hi I have a 3 yr old girl, knows her No's, interested in her abc's but when we try to teach her t...

1 reply

Reading and learning at this age should always be able games and fun. You just can't approach learning any other way when you are 3....

ty''s&caiden''smum

Birthing Books for Dads Lock

Hi, This is my second baby but my hubbies first and he has noooo idea about labor and birth........

1 reply

For time poor first-time Dads try the DVD Being Dad. It is featured on the Huggies Bookclub. We also have a section of books for Dad...

ATE758

Moved:His penis looks sore Lock

New no replies
KW9A9E

Moved:how do I stop my 20mth taking her clothes and napp Lock

New no replies

good books for speech development following late palette repair Lock

what books would you recommend for speech development following a cleft palette repair at 18 mont...

1 reply

Essentially good books to include will contain a significant amount of rhyme, rhythm and of course a variety of titles helps. I'd ke...

devilsangel

confusing "b" and "d" Lock

Hi, i have a 6 yr old in kindergarten. She is doing quit well with her reading and is at level 4,...

3 replies

there is a sesame street cd of songs about letters of the alphabet - they are so catchy! Try that for their 'b' and 'd' songs.

RLFEEC

Reading Lock

I have 9 month old twins who I try very hard to read to when we get a chance, which is not very o...

1 reply

I am an advocate of being flexible. Fit reading into your children's day when it works best. Books and stories don't have to be rele...

Knows the alphabet - now what? Lock

You have a remarkable child and I can only recommend keeping up a good supply and variety of book...

New no replies
kitkat738

Difficulty reading to an 11 month old! Lock

Hello, I am always trying to read to my 11 month old, but to no avail! I will start on the first...

1 reply

Dear Cathy My advice is to persist but also don't expect too much from your child as she has a small attention span. If she is dra...

linda78

Books for me to teach her how to talk Lock

Hello,i was wondering if there was a book out there for a mother to read about how to teach your ...

1 reply

I highly recommend the book, Baby Talk by Dr Sally Ward. It is featured on The Huggies Bookclub and is a practical, well researched ...

imtmn

Guys view for expectant dads Lock

I would really like to find a book for my partner that is essentially written from a guys perspe...

3 replies

Hi there, I found a great book for fathers - it is So you're going to be a dad - by Peter Downey. It is quite comical (and a bit sar...

not too interested Lock

Hi, I love reading to my 11.5 month old, but he doesn't seem too interested. He gets excited when...

1 reply

First and foremost you are not doing anything wrong. Quite the contrary. You are helping your baby boy in a multitude of ways by rea...

kakkles

2 year olds and chemo Lock

hey there just wondering if you have a book sort of age appropriate, to help explain to Kenzie wh...

1 reply

Dear Kel, I have done a search for relevant books for 2 year olds and chemo and have listed below a number of books. They are all b...

PML2

Suitable books for a 2 year old Lock

Can you suggest some books for my two year old that are suitable for her age and development. Sh...

1 reply

There are so many wonderful books to engage and extend your child's experience of the world. I will recommend a few but also suggest...

vkw

not a question Lock

not a question just a proud mum letting you know how much my 6 year old kindy boy ...

1 reply

Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic! As a teacher i can tell you he's doing an excellent job!!! Do you know that they only have to ...

Leapfrog Learning Pads Lock

I was wanting to buy my 15mth old son one of these for christmas. I want him to be interested in ...

1 reply

I am not overly familiar with the Leapfrog system but can comment on the phonics approach to literacy. In my opinion the best approa...

devilsangel

books for 5 year old Lock

hi, i have a 5 yr old daughter who is starting kindergarten next year. Could you please tell me s...

1 reply

Before I can recommend too many books it would help if I knew if your little girl was an independent reader or still reading picture...

overseas mum

Just one story - a million times a day! Lock

My 15 month old is crazy about Hairy McLary. We're living overseas and I found this one (Englis...

4 replies

its funny how they love one particular book ! a friend gave my eldest son a noah's ark book full of bright beaut...

alicia sandland

Book on twins Lock

Hi, I would love to get a hold of some helpful books on twins from pregnancy to 5 years.Could you...

2 replies

Hi Alicia, I am also expecting twins (may 07) and have found a book by two aussie mums called twins.. i found it to be very helpfu...

2Mummy

How do I stop baby from eating the books? Lock

My daughter puts everything in her mouth including all her books. She has a few of the cardboard...

1 reply

Many children chew their books and it is completely normal behaviour. It seems as if they can only truly understand what it is they ...

angelwings

walking and reading? Lock

hey, i was wondering what the age was that babies start to walk because i have an 11 month old d...

1 reply

Reading experts encourage parents to start reading to their children from the day they are born. The brain develops at a phenomenal ...

Books for 8 month old + Lock

I have been reading to my 8 month old since she was 6 weeks old and part of our bedtime routine i...

1 reply

As you can imagine there are many number of books for this age group. We have selected a range of quality books that are featured at...

manda6

son & daughter wont sit to read Lock

Hello Brett & Belinda I have a 3yr old son & a 19 mth old daughter & I find that reading to them ...

1 reply

There are a number of factors that come into play when a parent and child sit down to read together. 1. Is the relationship betwee...

samfrey

dog awareness book Lock

i have heard there is a childrens book out there that illustrates the moods of dogs eg angry, sc...

1 reply

The book I recommend is: Can I Pat That Dog?, $14.99, paperback A non–fiction picture book that aims to teach children how to beh...

Chookie84

Is this normal? Lock

Hi I have an 18 Month old Boy, he can walk, run, throw a ball and talk alot but we never underst...

1 reply

Obviously I can only go on the information you have provided and my response is limited by this information. Children learn to spe...

taffy100

Books for first birthday Lock

Hi there! My daughter turns one two days after Christmas and i would love to get her some books....

1 reply

At one year of age it is best to provide your child with a variety of board books and cloth books. These are the most durable and ca...

appleroot

Flash Card Lock

Hi, I have a 5mth old girl and I intend to start using flash card which will be prepared by mysel...

1 reply

There are several ways to approach the task of creating flash cards. I recommend the following steps: - Review current flash cards ...

appleroot

READ : Flash card Lock

Hi Brett and Belinda, can you uide me as to how I should prepare the FLASH CARD for my 5mths old ...

New no replies
mummy love

what to do now Lock

My 2 and 8 month old son is showing intrest in words, he sits with me at the table and asks me to...

1 reply

The answer is very simple. Yes, yes, yes keep encouraging him on this learning path. Don't worry about being able to stimulate him j...

poptart02

Am I being too eager??? Lock

My husband and I are both avid readers and really want to encourage our DD to enjoy reading as mu...

3 replies

Rachel, You are being a star and your child is so lucky. Enjoy the many wonderful hours ahead. The following are a list of my child...

singlemum1

9 month old doesnt like reading Lock

Hi I have a 9 month old daughter and I try to sit down and read to her but she doesnt seem int...

3 replies

This is a copy of another post I submitted but I thought the content fitted this topic: I love to hear people want to read to their ...

nicolenicholls

Babys development. Lock

My little girls is 13 months old and not walking yet. She is also not saying much and is not keen...

2 replies

Nicole, If a doctor or nurse thinks your daughter's legs and hips are fine there is absolutely nothing to worry about. My daughter d...

Blessed with 2

Loves to read but talks and makes no sense :) Lock

Hi there, Firstly, this is a great opportunity as I don't have many people I can chat with and ...

3 replies

Your sons sounds fine. If his hearing is fine and he responds to your questions and tries to verbalise he sounds great. While my dau...

Tisha

a suggestion for beginning readers Lock

Brett and Belinda, may i make some suggestions to parents who are finding it difficult to fid top...

2 replies

Tish has a fantastic idea here that can be adapted for numerous purposes. Her idea above of making books can be used when trying to ...

3 1/2 year old, tells me "No story tonite Mummy" Lock

Hi there, Ok, what does a parent do when their child tells you they do not want a story tonite a...

2 replies

My favourite Mem Fox bedtime book for over twos is Sleep Bears with beautiful illustrations by Kerry Argent. I feel you can't go pas...