Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Twins dating 1wk under. WORRIED !?!? Lock Rss

Hi alex, wondering if you can offer any explanations to help put my mind at rest, as i dont get to see the doctor for another 2 weeks.
at 6wks i had an ultsd, they say 1 foetal pole with heartbeat and an implantation bleed near it.
Then at my ob appt a week ago, he did a quick ultsd & found i was pregnant with twins. Now with lots of experience charting & using ovulation kits etc i am positive of my dates which wuold make me 10wks 4 days on the day he did ultsd. He said it measured only 9wks 4 days. So 1 week under ! i was in so much shock that i was having twins, that i didnt start to worry until now. Do you know if this is something serious, common, or know of possible reasons this can happen. Especially when my dates are not wrong...Im really starting to stress about it !
thanks heaps

WELL MY ULTSD SONE AT 11WEEKS MEASURES DATES EXACTLY. SO I GUESS THE DR'S OLD MACHINE WASNT THAT CRASH HOT/OR HIS MEASUREMENTS WERNT ! FEELING VERY RELIEVED
[Edited on 22/10/2007]

]

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. Ultrasounds are a basic tool that is used to check dates and the growth of the baby. Measurements are checked against averages so if the babies are a bit smaller than average they will show as a week less than average. This is nothing to worry about as a one week difference is nothing. If you have an accurate last period date then this is the date to go by. Your due date is still only an estimated due date as well and only about 3% of women actually give birth on the due date. Most arrive the week before or the week after.

Best wishes,
Alex

NSW Midwives Association
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic