Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Hormonal Spots or he is allergic to NAN HA Lock Rss

My little boy is 5weeks old today and for the last 3weeks he has had these spots which are red and some of them have a white cap on them and I have been told they are hormonal spots and some babies get them.
This is new to me as my first child who is now 5 didn't have these as she was also breastfed.
Does that make a difference? As he is bottlefed and is having NAN HA which is supposed to be the best and also hospitals use it.
But my husband had all the allergies when he was little along with dry skin so I thought he might get it from him.
Can someone tell me whether they are hormonal spots or may he be allergic to NAN HA?

Definately sounds like Milia, milk spots, to me, my DS had them for about 5 or so weeks, they can last for ages. Dont squeeze them or anything they will clear up one day by themselves. Its all just your hormones going thru bubs still.
Doubt it would be an allergy to the formula, i think the most common side affects are vomiting, diarrhea, or he may be constipated,

If your still really concerned, your chemist or docs will be able to help.

Good luck and congrats on bubs

xxxx

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. The spots that you are describing are most likely to be the newborn hormonal rash. It is advisable that you visit your Early Childhood Health Centre for more advice.

Best wishes,
Alex.

NSW Midwives Association
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic