Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Antenatal care Lock Rss

I'm now 16 weeks and so far have just been to my GP. We are moving to Melbourne at the end of the year and she is happy to take care of me til then. She's made no mention of seeing an ob. Do I need to see an ob before we move, if at all? What will I need to do regarding my antenatal care once in Melbourne? She also sees no need for an initial ultrasound as she is happy with my dates. Is this ok?
Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. Antenatal care can be done by a GP in a shared care program with the hospital or can be just attended at the hospital, at a midwives clinic or with a private obstetrician. If you are a healthy person and having no problems with the pregnancy then there is no need to see an obstetrician. A routine ultrasound is normally attended at around 20 weeks. If you are transferring to another area it is advisable to inform them as soon as possible so that they can know a bit about you and book you in to your place of birth. Talk to your carer or your local hospital so that they can contact a suitable place in Melbourne.

Best wishes,
Alex.

NSW Midwives Association
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic