Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

sore nipples Lock Rss

Hello

I am 15 weeks pregnant and have started to wake up between 2 and 3am with what is best explained as burning nipples, I wasn't expecting symptoms like this so early, I have already had to purchase larger bras however I am desperate for any suggestion for relief, the rest of my breast doesn't feel hot or sore at all, it's just my nipples that feel like they are on fire.
Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry. Nipple symptoms are quite common especially early in pregnancy. It is due to hormone changes that cause your nipples to become darker and larger. Thankfully the symptoms only last for a short time. Try to be aware when your symptoms occur and if your nipples are erect or not. Then you can try to alleviate the symptoms. Sometimes the burning sensation occurs when you are cold – so try to keep your nipples warm and covered and if it occurs at home you can use a warm washer on them to try to help. If it occurs when you are hot then try a cool washer, a shower, or looser clothing and bras.

Best wishes,

Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic