Huggies Forum

inducing labour early Rss

Hi there

i was wondering if you could tell me what i can do to induce my labour naturally im not due for another few weeks (3) but i have had enough i have had braxton hicks now everyday for the last 2 weeks and sometimes they can b very painful i have tried the accupuncture and the first time i tried it worked but this time it hasnt can you tell me what else i could try other then sex ( a bit hard my husband works nights and we have a little girl around during the day) but am prepared to try anything i really want it over have just had enough

thank you and any info would be muc appriciated
ruby

Renee d.o.b: 7/12/03, Aiden d.o.b: 22/12/05

Hi Ruby,

Thank you for your enquiry. You are providing your baby with the best possible care when you are pregnant and it is obviously still very happy where it is. A human pregnancy is meant to be on average 40 weeks (between 38 – 42 weeks) so it is best not to try to rush things, even though the last few weeks are uncomfortable. A few things that you could try: regular walks, warm baths, nipple stimulation, and a good curry. Otherwise, your baby will come when it is ready and I’m sure that it won’t be too much longer.

Best wishes in the days ahead,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.

Sign in to follow this topic