Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sore Nipples - 26 weeks Pregnant Lock Rss

Hi,

I am 26+4 pregnant and I only finished breastfeeding my DD 10 weeks ago - partly because of tender nipples but mainly because I was tired.

A couple of weeks after I stopped feeding I found that my nipples were quiet sensitive and sore if they are touched or squeezed, even gently. I can't get any colostrum from them at all and I am concerned as to what the problem is. I love breastfeeding and look forward to doing so again but the idea of putting a baby to my breast the way they are feeling at the moment terrifies me. My breasts are not sore just my nipple and behind the nipple.

Is it just one of those pregnancy things?

Thanks greatly. Hayley.

Hayley, NSW, Liam 07/02, Beth 09/04, Nate 03/06

Hi Hayley,

Thank you for your enquiry. The discomfort that you are feeling is related to the hormone changes in pregnancy. It is happening a little differently as you have been breast feeding; normally these sorts of breast changes happen at the start of pregnancy. It will have no effect on your milk supply or on your ability to feed and it will settle very soon once your body has adjusted itself. You can still breast feed through out pregnancy and then feed both children after the birth. Your body adjusts very well. You just need to ensure that you have a healthy and balanced diet.

Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic