Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

fundal height 7cm bigger then "should" be Lock Rss

hi,

I am a little confused. At my check up last week my doc informed me that i was measuring 35cm at 29 weeks. I was sent for urgent u/s which confirmed my due date as 27/02/06. What does this mean? My babys head dropped 3 weeks ago, does this mean that i will go early?

From the ultrasound i have found out that he is already nearly 1.6kg and has a h/c of 26cm. My first son was 8lb15oz, so i have been told to expect a big baby over 9lb.

As much as i know it's not the best to go too early, i have had enough of being pregnant, the constant asking "Are you having twins?", weekly visits to the physio for spd and the stares/gasps of shock/horror from people when i say i'm not due till feb.

Thanks
Nicole
Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your enquiry. Everyone becomes an expert when you are pregnant and they all have a different opinion. It can be worrying but try not to listen to them. Go off the advice of your health care professional – and even then you can always get another opinion if you are concerned. Sometimes there can be an extra build up of fluid around the baby and this can be seen on an ultrasound. This can make you look and feel bigger than you are. Your doctor can explain this condition with you further but it is still normal to have 1500ml of fluid surrounding your baby. Measuring the size of your abdomen is a very rough guide to the actual dates. The most reliable dates to go on is your last menstrual period and this will tell you your estimated due date. Your first baby was a reasonable size and it sounds as if this one is too and this time your muscles are not quite as firm as they were first time around. So it is probably a combination of these things that is making you look bigger. Try not to worry too much; your appearance may not change too much from here on.

Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.

Sign in to follow this topic