Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Planning to TTC in March 06 Lock Rss

Hi Alex,

Just wondering if you can give me any advice on what things I should start doing now to prepare my body to try to conceive in March next year?

I already have one son, and I had an episiotomy with his birth and a vacuum extraction. My Ob told me to get an x ray of my pelvis so she can monitor the size of the next baby as it grows in case it grows too large to fit through my pelvic cavity again. My son was 3 weeks early and that is apparently the only reason he fit through at all, and even then had to be assisted.

Any advise would be helpful!

Thanks in advance...
Elle

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

Hi Elle,

Thank you for your enquiry. It is great to be prepared for pregnancy as well as the birth. It is good to be of good health and not have any underlying illnesses. It is also recommended to have a diet rich in Folic acid or to take Folic acid supplements. Folic acid is present in green leafy vegetables.

Your first birth was assisted for the last part of the delivery but the baby had passed through your pelvis without assistance (usually a caesarian is required if a baby can’t fit through your pelvis or has trouble fitting) so you have a very good chance of having no problems with your next. If an X ray is recommended then this should be attended before you are pregnant too. Women quite frequently have an assisted birth with their first child and then go on to having a straight forward and shorter labour and birth with subsequent children. However if you tend to have very large children you may experience some problems but achieving the first as a natural birth is a very good indication that everything will be fine next time.

Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.

Sign in to follow this topic