Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Confused about dates!!! Lock Rss

Hi Alex,
Im very confused about by dates.The ultrasounder said my baby by measurements was 8+5weeks and i am due on the 15.07.06.By my ovulation calendar my LMP was 24.09.05 and i should have ovulated on 13.10.05 and my periods were 33 days apart which said if i fell pregnant i should have been due 06.07.06.Which one sounds more right to you and if i am due on 15.07.06 now being over 10 weeks when would have i ovulated?Thanx very much i would love to hear from you.

Jaclyn,WA,Serena 13.04.05,Sasha 16.07.06.Shyla 20.

Hi Jaclyn,
Thank you for your enquiry. If you have a reliable LMP then it is best to go from this date. However if your periods a further apart than 28 days (and yours are 5 days further apart), you add 5 extra days to the date. This is because you ovulate 14 days before your period. So if your LMP is 24.9.05 your EDC (remember it is an ESTIMATED) is around the 9.7.06. Your baby is still considered to be at term if it is born 2 weeks either side of these dates.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic