Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Bleeding and Ultrasound question Lock Rss

Hi there I had a miscarriage in Sept and I am now about 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd pregnancy I was 12 weeks when I lost the sept one it died at 5 weeks but body held onto it. I have already experienced one big bleed with this new pregnancy and thought not again, at Ultrasound they could not detect sac or pole and said might be to early. How many weeks before they can detect if a baby there and how many weeks before they can check all OK.
since the big bleed I have had to more spot bleeds one after sex and one just late afternoon after a stress ful day what can this mean. Can it be a low lying placenta or could there be something wrong. what do you think is best course of action I now think I am about 8 weeks how long should I wait for a repeat Ultrasound. I have to get more blood on 10th Jan to see if my hormones are going up ok.

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Hi Maree,
Thank you for your enquiry. It is quite difficult sometimes to see a pregnancy on ultrasound when it is very early as it is protected by the pelvis. It is best to wait 2 weeks at least from the previous scan unless any other complications develop. Doing another blood test is a better way to check of the pregnancy is progressing. Any bleeding in pregnancy is seen as abnormal and should be investigated further but sometimes a cause cannot be found. Unfortunately there is not much that you can do except wait and see.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.

Sign in to follow this topic