Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Ovulation Query Lock Rss

Hi Alex

We had to have fertility treatment (IUI) to conceive my almost 9 month old son as procedures performed by my Gyno/Ob revealed that i don't ovulate.

I am still breastfeeding my son (only at night - he has formula in the day as i am trying to wean him) and have not had a period at all since he was born. I did bleed for 2 weeks after giving birth.

If we wanted to have another baby, how would we know when was the right time to try considering i am not getting a period and don't ovulate ??

My Ob told me that there is a chance that being pregnant previously may have got my body 'working again' so i could fall naturally.
We agreed not to use contraception and let nature take it's course as the pill had a lot to do with our fertility problems (i was on it continually for 10 years).

How long should i wait for my period to return, to see my Ob in case i am still not ovulating ?

Hope this makes sense !
Thanks for your advice in advance...
Kellie
Hi Kellie,

Thank you for your enquiry. It is really difficult to assess what your body is doing. Even though you are still breast feeding if it is only once or twice per day this probably wouldn’t affect your fertility, especially as your baby is also having solids by now. You don’t say if you were having periods before your fertility treatment so I am unsure if this is a new thing for you? If you want to have more children soon it may be best to be checked by your GP. Usually having a period is a definite sign of ovulation but this may be different in your case if you have a history of fertility problems.

Best wishes,

Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic