Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Stress on the baby Lock Rss

I posted a question in the wrong forum I think
http://huggies.kcaforums.com/ShowPost.aspx?Post...

Since falling pregnant I have experienced extreme stress from homlessness to living in a caravan with a 7 year old, and an under two year old, and a husband whos in constant pain from back and testies. During the whole of the pregnancy we have fought bitterly usually with me snapping and becoming physical towards my partner.
Many people have told me that the baby is protected from stress, but the stress that I have experienced has effected me to the point where I dont want this baby, and that I would rather dissappear than cope with the baby, my other children and their father after birth.
I am worried about the affects that the stress will have on that baby. What kinds of things could go wrong?

Jade; Brianna10/12/98; Sadira30/3/04; Rykus1/1/06

I have heard that stress can not only raise your blood pressure and put the baby under distress but can also cause miscarriages. Don't stress 2 much and remember just how special it is 2 have a new bub and how gorgeous they r when they r so little. You'll b fine after all you'd be a pro at it now with 2 already. I hope things get better soon.

Mumma of 3.

Hi Jade,
Thank you for your enquiry. It sounds as if you are going through a pretty terrible time. You really need to talk to someone about your situation and your local doctor or the hospital is a good place. Stress can affect your whole situation and you really need to be more settled with yourself and your family life so that you feel able to cope more easily. There are people available to talk to and help you cope and make some decisions for you and your baby’s future so please contact them and it will definitely help you feel better and you can plan your future.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.

Sign in to follow this topic