Huggies Forum

pains at night Lock Rss

hi their i love the responce that you gave me to my prior questions i have asked in the past so here goes again.

I am 18wks pregnant maybe 19wks, laterly when i got to sleep i get theses really nasty cramping and back pain while i sleep, best way to explain is it feels like my pelvis is being split apart.
and makes me very uncomfortable and unable to sleep at night making me a cranky mum the next day
, ive tried the pillows between the legs with not much luck other than half sleeping on my belly which i never normally sleep that way

Is it safe to sleep on ur yummy at this stage of preggy, could their be any explaination to the pain, this will be my fourth kid and have not experianced this with my others.
thanks
Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. You could try placing a small pillow under your belly to provide some support when you sleep on your side. You may need some extra help of a physio to show you some exercises and techniques to try to help the discomfort. Yoga may also help. Sleeping on your tummy is fine in early pregnancy but it may become very uncomfortable later.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic