Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Very Sick Partner Rss

Hi,

My name is Emma, i am 25 weeks pregnant, and my fiancee is really sick at the moment. He has what appears to be flu like symptoms only 10x worse, along with sore throat, swollen glands and a fever. He has been to the doctor who has basically told him there is nothing they can give him and to wait it out. We are both concerned about me contracting his illness and how it will affect both myself and out unborn baby.

I'm aware that there is really no pain killers besides panadol that i can take and was wondering if maybe i should be taking an increased dose of vitamin c or something. I am taking Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Formula, is that enough or can i take more of something to help ward of this terrible virus.

Thankyou...

Emma

Hi Emma,
Thank you for your enquiry. It sounds as if your partner has a viral illness. You and your baby are quite well protected against contracting the illness. You may get a milder form of the illness and your baby will barely notice the change. If you do become ill try to get plenty of rest and take paracetemol for any symptoms. Try to maintain a health diet and there is no need for anything extra. If you are taking supplements during pregnancy this more than covers any extra requirements.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic