Huggies Forum

ANTI D NEEDLE Lock Rss

My partner and myself are RHnegative and I recently suffered from a misscarge b4 we knew my blood type. Could this have made our baby die?

Also when we try again should I ask for the ANTI D needle as soon as I find out Im preggo.

EDD 6-12-2007 if Boy-Bailey if Girl-Lakeshia

Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. It is very unfortunate that you had to walk through the maternity ward after losing your baby. Many times hospital planners never think of these possibilities. If you are certain that you and your partner are both Rh negative, then there is no risk of your baby having a problem as your baby will be Rh negative too. The problem arises when a Rh negative mother is carrying a Rh positive baby. Your body develops natural antibodies to the Rh positive so if there is somehow a mixing of the blood between a mother and her baby the mother develops the antibodies and they can affect the next pregnancy. I am not sure if they will decide not to give you the anti D injections – they may if you provide proof of your husband’s blood group. Anti D injections are given routinely in pregnancy for Rh negative mothers. They are only given in the early stages of pregnancy if there is a problem such as bleeding. The injections are scheduled later at around 28 weeks and then closer to the due date of the birth(34 weeks) and also after birth.
There are many reasons for a miscarriage and sometimes a reason cannot be discovered. Almost 1 in 3 pregnancies miscarry. Being a negative blood group in your instance is not the reason for your miscarriage.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic