Huggies Forum

crazy with worry!! Lock Rss

Hi, i am just on 28 weeks pregnant and something really scary happened to me yesterday that no-one seems to be able to explain what may have happened, hoping you can give me some light...

I went to one of my girlfriends yesterday for some girly chit chat, one minute i am sitting there fine and then the next i had to lay down before i hit the floor. i was breaking into a sweat, soaked all over, totally felt over heated, felt like i was going to vomit or pass out, my girlfriend ran around getting wet towels to cool me down but it wasnt working, in the end we had to resort to ice cubes, she checked my temp but it was fine, i felt like i couldnt talk or move, i was a mess and had no energy. none of us could work out what was wrong.

The whole experience was daunting, I was still feeling quite horrible a couple of hours later and had to ring my GP, he told me that its was my blood pressure causing the problem and to lay down for 30 minutes to an hour, rest up, have a snooze and see how i was feeling afterwards.. i did so, didnt get up the whole evening and slept untill 12 noon today!!!

getting up to do things that i need to do is hard because i start feeling the similar signs that its going to happen again, i am almost too scared to do things incase it happens again.

Do you have any idea what is happening to me????

heather (scared and worried)

Mummy of 2 beautiful girls, Paige & Brianna

Hi Heather,
Thank you for your enquiry. It does sound as if you are having some Blood Pressure changes that can make you feel nauseated and dizzy. It is important to get up slowly from sitting or lying and not to sit hunched over or crouch for long periods. Try to ensure that you drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest. You may also have low iron levels, so get you doctor to check those.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Hi,
Just a quick note, this may or may not be related.
My partner was walking past the bed and was talking to me then said he felt like he had a sore back then flopped on the bed. He then looked vague and started to break out in a sweat, his temp skyrocketd then came too and couldnt remember what happend (although he didnt evn seem to pass out)- I thought he had an epileptic fit (he does not suffer from epilepsy/ nor was it a fit) I called an Ambulance and had troubles keeping him awake as he said he felt exhausted.
He slept at the hospital for the rest of the day and the night, they rulled out all possible causes other than a Vasal vagual (this may not be spelled correctly) reaction, being a bodys reaction to a sharp pain ie pinched nerve. He has never had any thing like this since. But I wonder with your ligaments a bit softer maybe there is pressure somewhere causing a similar reation. He had funny relapse type of feelings for the next week or so when ever he went to move quickly or pick up objects in a akward way.
If you have time have a massage with a qualified massusse that knows what oils are safe to use and dont get up quickly or pick up heavy (or moving ie kids, dogs) objects.
Normal pregnancy instructions I know.
This may help

bad things happen when good people do nothing

Sign in to follow this topic