Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Midwife - Pregnancy Q&As (Read Only)
  5. Period cycles changing after stopping the pill

Period cycles changing after stopping the pill Lock Rss

Hi Alex,

I ws hoping you could help me out a little as I can't seem to find any information on the net about this topic!

I stopped taking the pill in January to TTC #2. My first 'normal' cycle (as in, 'pill-less!!) came 9 days late. I am now into my 2nd cycle and am 8 days late. I was always on a 28/29 day cycle prior to the pill, and this stayed the same after I gave birth before I went back on it.

Do you know if this is normal or is it worth checking it out with the Doctor?!

We'd really like to conceive soon (i know...everyone else does too!!) but I'm a little worried that my cycles are not helping!!

Hope you can shed some light!!.... Thank you,
Megan
Hi Megan,
Thank you for your enquiry. It is normal to have differences in your menstrual cycle through out your reproductive life. Stress also plays a part. Try not to worry too much and if this continues you may want to have a check with your GP. Otherwise if your cycle has got longer, your period of fertility is later - a woman normally ovulates 14 prior to menstruation – so keep this in mind.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic