Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

midwifes Lock Rss

Hi I'm 17 weeks pregnant with my 1st and have been on the midwife waiting list for 5 weeks now as theres a shortage in my area. This is starting to become annoying as I want to talk to someone about everything I have made an appointment with a specialist for the 24th of april to discuss things with them especially since I was told years ago I'd probably need a c section if I ever had children due to a car accident that put my back , neck out and twisted my pelvis! I allready have a bad lower back
should I stay on the waiting list or just have a specialist? I'm 20 and confused thanks
I'm preg with baby #2.
I have problems with my spin also (severe bends from scoliosis and have had metal rods put in- still bent!).
I had my first child with a midwife. I was told my pregnancy was high risk and my not be able to carry full term or deliver normally.
During the pregnancy I found that my hormone levels cured a little of my back pain....However, My back pain in labour was hell! I decided that the midwifery group was the way to go because the dr's told me that an epidural may not work with a bad spine, and only block 1 of my legs, making it harder to concentrate and feel worse. So we decided to have a drug free labour.

At the end of the day you need to decied what makes you more comfortable.
Because we did it drug free, our midwife offered a spa bath, double bed, etc. to keep me more comfortable than being in a room with a dr slipping in and out.
You just need to check that you have to option the change your mind once your in labour OR if things go wrong that a dr will be available to do a c section immediately. We chose the hospital that take high risk pregnancy's frequently.
Hope this helps you a little.
Best of Luck.
Thank you for your enquiry. Midwives are very highly trained professionals in caring for women in pregnancy. AN obstetrician is a specialist doctor trained in treating abnormal pregnancies. If your pregnancy is healthy and you experience no abnormalities, you can see a midwife for care during pregnancy and birth. If you do have some problems, sometimes all that is needed is one or two specialist consultations to sort out the problem and then you can return to the midwife.
Best wishes,

<a href="">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic