Huggies Forum

good or bad pains??? Lock Rss

I'm only about 7-8 weeks preg (slight gap being that I have had no hospital appointment yet- was told to wait 10-12wks unless not well).

Is it too early to be getting braxton hick contractions (think that is how it's spelt!?)
If no- they are quite strong and very distracting!
Too the point that if I was 9mths preg I would assume this was the Very first few contractions!!

In my first pregnancy I got braxton hicks contraction in the 2nd tri. Only slight pains.
WELL.... I rang the hospital and they said you can only get braxton hicks from 20wks pregnant.
I came in and they gave me an internal, then an ultrasould because they thought it might have been an optopic (spelling???) pregnancy.
All ok but I have to come in more often if these pains stay on.
The next day they wanted me back in for a more detailed ultra sound to check everything else out (other than the baby growing in the right place).
We got a close up of baby - instead of it looking like a jelly bean, we could see it's head and general shape- and all was ok, they gave us a correct due date and babys age (7wks).
Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. If you are concerned you need to go to your doctor for a check up. Sometimes in early pregnancy you can experience some strange aches and pains that settle down as the pregnancy progresses but if in doubt get it checked out.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic