Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Midwife - Pregnancy Q&As (Read Only)
  5. why does my 4.5 monyh old keep bringing up milk ?

why does my 4.5 monyh old keep bringing up milk ? Lock Rss

i have a 4.5 moth old girl who has been bottle fed from birth. I sarted her with s26 gold though it constipated her. Ithen tried the normal s26 though she kept bringing it up 3 hour after a feed , the same i found with nan alpha pro gold and the heinz starter. I took her to see the peadiatrician and was diagnosed with reflux she is now on zantac 3 times a day and drinking s26ar and also havigng solids 3 times a day. I am still finding that she is bring it up , i was told karicare is good , do you have any information that could help?
If he vomits after every milk feed and after most dairy solids, then it sounds as though he might have a lactose intolerance or a milk protein allergy. It migh be worth trying a lactose free formula to see how he goes. If he keeps vomiting after that you should probably take him back to the paediatrician for some allergy testing. These intolerances/allergies are quite common and changing them over to a different formula they quite often improve.

So try lactose free formula and if he keeps vomiting take him back to the paediatrician and he may start him on another formula that is easier for him to absorb (?Neocate or Pepti Jnr). You need a script for these formula's so you'll have to see the paediatrician.

Good luck!

Kdub

SA, due dec 06

Thank you for posting your question to our help panel. Unfortunately Alex’s expertise is related to midwifery, pregnancy and newborn babies and is unable to answer your query. She recommends that you contact your local early child health nurse or doctor for some advice.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
The Parents Exchange Team
Sign in to follow this topic